As I explained in last week’s outfit post, my latest project is job-hunting. Since I’ve been putting together interview and office outfits, I’ve noticed that my black heels are looking really worn and sad. I haven’t really needed to wear office-appropriate heels in about 10 years, so that means all of my black shoes are at least 12-15 years old and in need of major TLC.
Since I don’t have the time available to wait for my shoes to be repaired, I’ve just been searching for a new pair that are fun and sassy but also good for work. These are the 13 that have made it to my short list!
- 1) The Prance Prance Revolution sold at ModCloth is a 40’s retro style heel that would do equally well at showing off the gams in skirts and in trousers.
2) The Tanie Strappy Shoe from Banana Republic features a wider block heel and memory foam cushion insole. I bet I could easily wear these from 8-5!
3) Aldo has been one of my favorite shoe brands for almost 15 years now, so it’s no surprise that their Fringed Lace Up Pump made it on to my list! Since most of my pants are cropped at the ankle, I would still be able to enjoy that little kick of fringe on the back.
4) Zara offers these simple heels with contrasting patent leather and snakeskin that are modern and elegant.
5) No, they’re not solid black, but the blue and black snake print pumps from Zara are most definitely awesome! Cobalt blue is one of my favorite colors, and when used correctly can become a neutral.
6) These sassy ankle strap heels by Seychelles aren’t black either, but the charcoal grey would easily work in place of a plain black shoe. And the hint of chartreuse is glorious!
7) Um, studded leather heels? YAAAASSSS!! These embellished heels from French Connection are magnificent.
8) Another printed shoe, this one a black and white subtle plaid by BCBGeneration could also easily work with other prints and colors.
9) I tend to like shoes with ankle straps, because my heels are so narrow that shoe backs can get a little slippery. H&M’s version of the patent ankle strap shoe with the block heel is super cute!
10) The Viper T-Strap heel from Nine West hits all my marks. Snake Print? Check. Ankle strap? Check. Color mix? Check.
11) The Let the Sass Go shoe at ModCloth has lots of great features like the ankle ties and mid-height heel.
12) Look closely at these Nine West Really Cool Pumps, and you’ll see the details. A knotted vamp strap and open instep make this shoe “really cool”.
13) I’m a huge fan of the shoetie. Big. Huge. And I love this leather and suede shoetie from H&M! I can easily see wearing these with everything!
I have a favorite! Tell me- what’s yours?